8.17.2007

god only knows

Email I received this morning:

Subject Line: bark meow squak purr yip tweet

Body:

As I sat in Bryant Park this morning listening to the Beach Boys play an innocuous lilt from their “later years” the following thought was formulated and I don’t feel badly about it:

It would have been so much better if the Beach Boys (or at least Brian Wilson) had died already.

I don’t even take it back…its true…they deserved to go out on top, in their prime, with dignity…not sharing a stage with Diane Sawyer. Their Woody’s have been replaced with Honda Elements and good luck finding a floral print buttondown in PacSun amidst the how-to-bang-hookers-like-a-rockstar T-shirts.

It was sad…I was legitimately bummed out for them, for America, for pop culture. You gotta do something…

Till her daddy takes the Scion away,

(name withheld)
Loan Administrator
Bank of Scotland USA

No comments: