6.03.2007

bk's essential twelve: volume one

Recently, I reached TWO pretty neat milestones in my life:

First, I officially survived my first year as a professional and as a New Yorker. They say the first year is the toughest, so it's nice to be out of the woods. Just for fun, I compiled a list of the twelve records that have been the most influential for me during this incredibly tumultuous and invaluably rewarding year. Hopefully I'll see you next year at this time for a similar list. Here we go (in no particular order):

John Mayer - Continuum
Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Jupiter
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children (via AK)
Ray Lamontagne - Till the Sun Turns Black
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
Sigur Ros - ( ) (via TF)
Test Your Reflex - The Burning Hour
Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Please leave your comments about any/all of these records - it's nice to know that somebody actually reads this thing.

Oh, and my second milestone: I have 1,000 Facebook Friends...sweet.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

hey brian...
i feel you on your comments about surviving the year... except i did it in spain rather than new york... i must say though, i would count new york as just as much a foreign country as spain... so kudos my friend...
anyway... i'd like to say that three of your twelve were on my "survival discs" bought this year as well... i will be checking out your remaining nine.
beep boop.
ja :)

Hollyb said...

I think the Kings have a new meaning for a milestone over the past year... really great concert. my goal is to listen to all these albums by the end of the summer... think I can do it?