6.17.2007

why i love amy winehouse

I think Amy Winehouse is cool. I checked out her feature in SPIN and finally gave her record a complete listen.

Mark Ronson is a DJ/Producer from London. In the past year, he's done work for Rhymefest, Christina Aguilera, and Amy Winehouse...just to name a few.

Recently, Ronson released a 'solo' record in the UK called Version.

The record is a compilation of some of Ronson's favourite :) songs (from the Smiths to Radiohead) rethought and remade with his signature drums n' horns production style, with one added ingredient: each song, save one, features a guest vocal from a current star (e.g. Lily Allen, Robbie Williams, Amy, etc.) The record is due in the US in July.

In an effort to pay Ronson back for his contributions to Back to Black, Amy provided the vocal for Ronson's 'cover' of The Zutons' "Valerie". (If you haven't heard the song, listen to the original first...)

This morning, driving down Route 1 in Deleware, I decided I love Amy Winehouse, and this is why:

Before the track begins, if the volume is pretty high, one can hear Ronson telling Amy that "it's rolling..."

Amy's response: "I'm sorry Charlie Murphy...I was having too much fun."

Awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you know my opinion about this